How is TLK Custom Homes different from our competitors?
We are a “Hands On” builder. You will deal directly with us, not a foreman or employees. We are on the job site daily and provide updates to our clients. Communication is key to our client relationship success!
We are passionate about building a quality home that you will cherish for years to come. Our goal is to build lifelong relationships with our customers that want to refer us or use us again in the future.
We are honest and have great integrity. We are not going to “low ball” your bid to get you locked into a contract then hit you with hidden costs or blown budgets. We complete a design process to give you an accurate cost to build your home.
We do not “up-charge” materials. You pay what we pay. For instance, as builders we get significant discounts on appliances, flooring, lighting, fixtures, etc. We pass those discounts onto our customers. This allows our customers to get more for their money.
We do not restrict our customers to select finish out materials from certain vendors.
We provide security cameras that are monitored 24/7 to reduce the risk of theft and vandalism. You will have access to view your home site remotely with these cameras.
We stay ahead of scheduling to ensure that your project is completed on time.
What does the Design Process Include?
TLK assists with every step to create the home you envision. We can assist with selecting a lot, architectural plans, obtaining soil samples and engineering.
Once we have the plans and engineering, we begin the interior and exterior selections for your home to allow us to create realistic budgets. This allows our customers to have control of the costs to build.
We obtain bids from all of our subcontractors that we will be using including plumbing, framing, electrical, roofing, etc. This process allows us to give you an accurate cost for your project, giving our customers the peace of mind knowing what your project will cost and what they will actually be getting in their home.
TLK Construction Process
1. Lot/Land selection
3. Begin construction loan pre-approval process if financing
4. Architectural Plans
5. Soil Samples and Engineering
6. Design Process (Will be started while awaiting soil samples and engineering)
• Interior/Exterior finish out selections or setting budgets for other items such as tile, cabinet hardware, flooring, etc. to be selected later in construction phase (See attached check list of items to be selected or budgets set prior to construction)
• Obtain lumber take offs and obtain lumber bid; Obtain Bids from subcontractors for framing, roofing, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, foundation, flatwork, windows, sheetrock/texture, trim/cabinets, insulation, pre-wiring and appliances
• Review cost breakdown with client
• Submit cost breakdown, plans, engineering and contract to the bank
Construction Begins!!! See Construction Timeline